Hey everyone, if you have typed the keyphrase “Drawing For Beginners” in search engine and landed on this page then you are at the right place. As we are listing some of the best drawing courses in this article especially targeted at the beginners. The best part is, these courses are self-paced and available at a nominal price.
Whether you are looking for pencil drawing, character drawing, Digital Art, Illustration, water color painting, Technical design or any other skill, you can find a course for them all on the internet. And, you don’t require a prior knowledge to start learning, these courses are usually beginners friendly. Anyone from anywhere can start learning at any time, all you need is the determination and decent internet connection to get started.
Down below we share a list of beginners friendly drawing courses, you may want to check them out.
List of Best Drawing courses (Beginners Friendly)
The following drawing classes in our list are from top online learning platforms such Coursera, Udemy, SkillShare, and Creativelive. Check them out and enroll in the ones that you truly find serving your purpose:
Table of Contents
This is by far the most enrolled and highly rated drawing course on the internet at the moment. The instructors of the course are Illustrator & Designer, Jaysen Batchelor and Photographer, Quinton Batchelor. All you require to learn from the course is the motivation, Pencil, Paper, Eraser and Ruler. No prior knowledge of any sorts required to learn from this course.
- Over 402,800 students learning already
- Rating of 4.5/5 after 98,650 reviews
- 11 hours of on demand video
- 12 sections containing 63 total lectures
- 5 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Lifetime access
Random Review: This course gives you a well-paced and detailed review of the basics of drawing. Great for beginners or if you just need to refresh your skills. Instruction is very relaxed and clear. Doing every assignment will help you get the most out of each lecture.Michelle Y
Learn more over here..
An amazing course from Portrait artist, Gabrielle Brickey, one of the top teachers on SkillShare. In this beginners friendly projects based class, the instructor walks you through the fundamentals of building your design skills. With daily practice following this class, learners go from beginners to comfortable in drawing.
Here are the stats:
- 32,090 students already learning
- 1 hour and 24 minutes of on-demand video
- 20 lessons
- 150 projects
- Rated as the best drawing course after 438 reviews so far
- Procreate Brushes
Random Review: Packed with helpful, encouraging and useful things, complete, without being overwhelming. Engaging and modest teacher who feels authentic and accessible. I feel like I got a wonderfully full introduction to so many ideas I can immediately use. Thank you so much!Derya Ruggles
To learn more, please go here
This is a Coursera guided project approximately 1.5 hours long, focused to teach you how to draw and style custom letters. Again a beginners friendly project in which an instructor in a split window guides you through the whole process so you can learn the skills in a better way.
The instructor of the course is Jonathan Owen, the subject matter expert. The best part is, you can enroll in this course at just $10.
Here’s what you get:
- 1.3 hours of guided project
- Split Screen Video with subject matter expert Jonathan Owen
- Free download of the content you create during guided project
- You also get access to all the learning materials, including the interactive workspace and final quiz
- Access to the required software package with Rhym
With this guided project you learn:
- How to draw basic letters from scratch using shape tools and path functions Inkspace
- How to create vector graphics with Inkspace
- Navigating the Inkspace workspace and shape tools
- Drawing complex letters and making them 3 dimensional
The rating of this project is 4.6/5 at the moment. To learn more, please go here
This is the best drawing course on Creativelive, even the staff favorite. Created and taught by Kate Bingaman Burt, Associate Director of the School of Art+Design at Portland State University. This beginners friendly class teaches you the following:
- Developing themes for your drawings
- Options for presenting your content: zines, prints, instagram, etc.
- How to add colors to your black and white drawings using adobe photoshop
- Inspiration to explore the everyday and draw what is around you
- 39,400+ students already learning..
- 11 video lessons in high definition
- Total 1 hour and 18 minutes class
- Lifetime access to the course
- Offline access on both mobile and desktop
Random Review: The class was good, like a 101 & lots of motivation to really get out there & start drawing. But I wish there was more on the actual drawing. My advice is catch the class online for free & then decide if you wanna buy.Pree Saby
To learn more, please go here
If you are a beginner and looking to learn how to draw, consider enrolling in any of the courses above and start learning.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected].