Hey everyone, just wanted to give you all a heads up about Coursera’s new product line, “Guided Projects”. Announced recently, the Guided Projects enable you to learn job-oriented skills in under 2 hours through interactive experience guided by the subject matter experts.
The best part is no prior knowledge or a software required. You get access to everything needed to complete the guided project right in your browser. And, to top it all, they are available at just $10, view here.
Starting with Guided Projects:
- When you start the guided project, the first thing you see is overview of the project structure
- Introduction to the subject matter expert Instructor
- You are then asked to open a tool called Rhyme to work on the project. Rhyme is a learning platform that provides a unique, side-by-side hands-on learning interface where learners complete each step in a virtual workspace as they watch video instructions from the instructor on the other side of the screen (See the figure 1.1 above)
- The virtual workspace is a pre-configured cloud desktop, therefore all the required data and the software is available directly in your browser. So, there is no need to install or download anything to start the project
Free Guided Projects from Infosys and UST
As of November 25th, you can enroll in the below Guided Projects absolutely free. They are from top Information Technology Institutions like Infosys and UST. So there is no reason why you should avoid them, all you invest here is your two hours! With these under 2 hours short guided projects one can quickly build in-demand job skills and expand career opportunities.
- Command Line Interface (CLI) With Golang From Infosys – View here
- Python Database Connection with MariaDB From Infosys – View here
- Database Operations in MariaDB Using Python From Infosys – View here
- Data Encryption using AWS KMS From UST Share – View here
- Create Your First Python Program From UST Share – View here
- Statistical Data Visualization with Seaborn From UST – View here
If you have any questions about the above FREE guided projects, please send us your queries on Twitter @ionlinecourse.
Top 50 Coursera Guided Projects
The following is the list of trending and popular guided projects on Coursera. Each course is about two hours long, do check them out by clicking on the course name. This list will change over time as we get fresh data from Coursera.
Do Guided Projects boost your resume?
The guided projects are really good to learn new skills in 2 hours or less. However, if you are particularly looking for courses that add to your resume, we recommend you take a certificate course instead.
The Coursera guided projects are great for those who are looking to learn new skills in the shortest amount of time possible. It would not be fare to ask whether these course will add to your resume. Nevertheless, learners still learn something that they can demonstrate in present workplace or in front of potential employers
Do let us know if you have any questions about this post.
Happy learning 🙂